The proposed hotel development, targeting the everyday traveller or visitor, will include
- A ground level lobby, drop off and loading area
- Guest restaurant, lounge and associated amenities on Level 1.
- 238 hotel guestrooms across twelve accommodation levels
- Services and Back of house areas within a single basement
- Utilities access and landscaping
The proposal is intended to provide a Holiday Inn Express hotel experience, which is focused on simple, smart, engaging travel and offers a midscale complement to the existing, upscale Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The proposed development may involve an application to change the site’s existing Crown Lease conditions relating to type of accommodation, building heights, number of rooms, and car parking.
Improvements to pedestrian amenity along Binara Street are also planned, through the widening of the existing footpath and a central walkway through the site connecting both hotels.